The third molar of a person is called a wisdom tooth. It typically appears between the ages of 17 and 25. The reason behind calling them wisdom teeth is it's time of growth. A wisdom tooth comes through at a more mature age. When the third molar grows correctly, it's called a healthy wisdom tooth.
However, most of the time wisdom teeth erupt in an undesirable position or partially erupt or may not erupt at all which leads to various dental issues and causes pain to a patient.
A wisdom tooth can cause infection, and it can be excruciating. They are frequently out of reach and brushing these teeth can be difficult, which leads to inadequate dental hygiene. Food and stuck bacteria over wisdom teeth might lead to tooth decay and gum infections. In some cases, wisdom teeth from the upper jaw lean sideways and rub against the cheek causing troubles like mouth ulcers and mastication issues. Our dentists check for pain, damaged or crooked teeth, and infection while wisdom removal treatment minimizes the impact of a wisdom tooth and helps prevents subsequent problems.
If a tooth is stuck under the gums and is getting blocked by the overlying bone, it is called impacted teeth. Our dentists extract impacted wisdom teeth, which reduces the chance of tooth misalignment and infection.Classic symptoms of wisdom teeth infection
- 1. Pain & swelling
- 2. Red, inflamed gum near the wisdom tooth
- 3. Pus coming from the gum
- 4. Pain radiating to head and ear region.
- 5. Difficulty in eating
Advantages of wisdom tooth removal
1. Eliminate pain- Wisdom tooth extraction removes pain caused by the third molar, alleviates pressure, lessened gum sensitivity, and relieves tooth sensitivity.
2. Prevent damage to adjacent teeth- The overcrowding pressure caused by wisdom teeth can make roots of nearby teeth weak and grind down enamel. This scenario leads to the vulnerability of adjacent teeth.
3. Pain near ear region is relieved.
During the initial days,
- • only soft food should be ingested,
- • A patient should avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, hot or carbonated beverages.
- • Our dentists forbid a patient from brushing, spitting, and rinsing the mouth during the first 24 hours after surgery.
It takes 7 to 10 days for the removal of the suture. The cost of wisdom tooth removal is depends upon the severity of the impaction and grade of complexity.
If your tooth is loose and mobile
Other than wisdom teeth removal, our dentists prescribe dental extraction or tooth removal in cases of a mobile tooth, traumatic damage, periodontal disease, etc.
Loose tooth due to trauma
If a patient is involved in an accident and a tooth is fractured in such cases it may be viable to remove the tooth. Appropriate treatment planning is done before any tooth removal in such cases.
Pyorrhea related tooth loss
Plaque formation due to responsible bacteria that retains over teeth leads to periodontal infection. A severe case of periodontal infection affects gums and alveolus which typically makes a tooth mobile and loose which may require extraction.
Child tooth removal
Kids tend to get mobile teeth due to apparent reasons like retained deciduous teeth, grossly decayed, etc. which require dental extraction. If it is untreated, it leads to pain and infection.Practical tips to be followed after wisdom tooth removal
- • Do not spit for 24 hours.
- • Do not consume hot beverages for 24 hours.
- • Enjoy cold beverages and ice cream for the first 24 hours.
- • Do warm saline mouth rinse eight times per day after 24 hours.
- • Keep the key area clean to scrupulously avoid the possible risk of dry socket (site of tooth removal becomes extremely painful after 3-4 days due to loss of blood clot) and infection.
AMD Dental Clinic along with wisdom teeth removal treats all patients of tooth extraction painlessly to offer considerable comfort to the patients.
Or call us at 9945826926!
Wisdom tooth removal is plain sailing for some while complicated for others. The oral surgeons or dentists carry out the wisdom tooth extraction treatment. Some people develop discomfort, while others have little or no pain. Searching for clinic for wisdom tooth removal, visit none other than AMD Dental Clinic who has a team of experts to take care of you.
A dental implant is a medical fixture put into the jawbone and permitted to integrate with the bones over time. A dental implant can work as a replacement for a lost tooth's core. Whether you have one implant or a whole arch, it is a good idea to become acquainted with the surgical procedure, so you understand what to anticipate.
If you've ever wondered as to why getting tooth braces makes sense even in 2022, then you need to hear this out. For both toddlers and adults, braces are an effective orthodontic treatment. Going through the procedure of getting braces can be an intimidating experience for many people. But with the proper guidelines and advice, getting your braces can be a walk in the park